Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1 of Logging volunteer hours in the arts, and Other Things

I've been inspired by Ruth Lawrence, and will begin logging my volunteer hours in the arts and cultural work that I do.  I don't think we are aware as both artists and the public just how much artists do behind the scenes that they don't see an income for.  This promises to be an eye-opener I think! 

I'm also working like mad to finish the paintings for my exhibition "The Sensuality of the Maturing Woman - Celebrating the Fine Art of Aging Well" at The Christina Parker Gallery, which opens on Friday, March 4.  The opening reception begins at 5:30, and I'm so thrilled to have Johnston and Lear, one of my favourite jazz duos, play for the opening.  Another thrill - my friend and colleague Amy House will be offering opening remarks.  This exhibition will be the last show at Christina's historic Plank Road location, as she prepares to open her brand new gallery on Water Street in the very near future.  It promises to be a wonderful evening of celebration on many fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment